Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Hello, my name is Rafael and I am an Exercise Science major. This is my blog page for Biology and Human Concerns and this is the first blog of the semester. There will be a total of ten blogs so stay tuned and subscribe. On the first day of class I did not know what to expect because I have never taken a biology course at Transy. I am interested with nature and how us, as humans, can help protect it. Over the summer I worked in landscaping so I dealt a lot with flowers and weeds. Since then I have come to admire and acknowledge flowers and beds when I see them because it requires a lot of hard work to maintain them.  Trees, grass, and nature, in general, require hard work to maintain because with all the land out there people will hire workers to destroy it so that they can build something. Destroying nature will have a huge affect on organisms who live in that ecosystem. Those organisms will not reproduce which in turn affects another organism and the effect will continue until organisms go extinct. These effects will hurt the ecosystem and potentially hurt humans in some sort of way because there are tons of animals or insects that are beneficial for humans. For instance, cows are very important for us because they provide meat and everyone loves a good steak, so if a cow ate something bad which caused it to become sick then its meat will become bad. If the meat somehow gets to the stores and someone eats it, well, he or she could potentially get sick. This could also happen with other animals such as chicken or pigs. Well, that is the end of the first blog. Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment