Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hello, this is the last blog before fall break. In the last blog I left off by saying that identifying trees gets more difficult throughout the year. I have already found this to be true because trees are losing their leaves or the leaves are changing color. Another thing we took our first exam today in lab and, well, I think I did well. I prepared myself to my best ability and went in to lab with a positive and focused mind. However, I left the exam thinking that it was a bit harder than I imagined, which left me heavily stressed on whether I did good or bad. As I walked back to my dorm, I looked all around me,examining the trees, flowers, grass and nature in general. It made me feel better and happier and then all of a sudden the stress of my test performance vanished. I had never thought that nature had the ability to relieve anxiety or stress or in any way help a person feel better. This led me to hypothesize that nature can work wonders on the mind of a person. Nature can allow a person to forget the past, present and can allow a person to stop worrying about the future. Even before I thought about taking Biology and Human Concerns, I had heard that nature is the best remedy for allowing the mind to be free. This idea has stuck with me for a long time but I have never tested it out, so as fall break rolls around I am going to use my time wisely and up close with nature. I hope to allow nature to cleanse my mind so that I can resume the semester with an open mind and strong mind because classes are only going to get tougher. Well, that is it ladies and gentlemen. Not so much of a BHC blog, but I hope you take my advice and allow nature to strengthen your mind so you can kick ass in the remainder of the semester.



1 comment:

  1. Go for a hike, plant a tree, stop and look at the flowers (or, more appropriately, the leaves that are changing colors) - I think that's great advice, sir!

    ReplyDelete